half a century of important fashion lessons
I was on school break a week before my birthday so I had planned ahead and asked for an extra week off to spend my birthday in Perth with Idrus. We didn’t do anything special since we are tight on money but we did do a little window shopping that nearly lead me to buying a Louis Vuitton wallet or Gucci sneakers with our savings. Surprisingly I conquered my desires and Idrus and I made our way to have lunch at Meet & Bun which was de-li-cious!
I came across a blog post months ago via The Sunday Mode where Julia shared 22 things she had learned about fashion in 22 years and I thought that was really clever. So, I wanted to share what I had learned in my 26 years too in honor of my 26th birthday.
- I’m too short for culottes, but I’m going to wear them anyway
- Just because you don’t get sucked into trends, it doesn’t mean you’re not fashionable
- Following trends doesn’t make you any less creative in your individual style
- And if it’s out of trend.. Who cares! Just wear the damn thing.
- I don’t care what anybody says, stripes are here to stay
- Oversized shirts, dresses, jumpers you name it. They’re my jam!
- Outfit’s are suppose to make you feel good about yourself, so you wear what ever the heck you want girlfraaannnn
- Number’s don’t matter!
- Invest in staple pieces, it’s worth it
- If someone tells you, you have too many shoes, bags or clothes in general. Don’t listen to them, you don’t need that kind of negativity in your life
- Fashion is suppose to be fun and exciting so make sure you are open minded about trying new things
- HM, TopShop and Zara may be cheap but is it really worth it?
- Quality over quantity
- It’s ok to wear your special pieces for an insignificant day
- Louis Vuitton is addictive
- Ballet flats are cute but they just don’t look nice on me
- I wish I kept my flared jeans from many years ago (Not that it would fit, anyway)
- I’m nicer when I like my outfit
- Wait for it to go on sale
- Or wait for major sales that occur throughout the years i.e. VOSN, Black Friday
- You can never have too many nude lipsticks
- I love heels but I love comfort more
- Purging your wardrobe is good for the soul
- Selling items you purged is good for the bank 😛
- Buying pre-loved items is not frowned upon
- Stay true to yourself & your beliefs